Saturday, July 7, 2012

Feather and Life





Summer vacation has been pretty relaxing and chill, and I've barely had the time to draw which is driving me insane. I was sitting in my room kinda upset with how people are nowadays and looked up at this feather that is hanging on my wall with dream catchers and more feathers. I must have been no more than 88 years old when I got this feather. I was swimming in the Susquehanna River with my uncle and sister. My uncle is so easy going and into nature, it's just perfect to be around. I saw this duck and really wanted a feather when I saw how when they swim or fly away they fall out. I continued yelling "I WANT A FEATHER, I WANT A FEATHER!" which unfortunately scared all the ducks away. When we were done swimming there was this man sitting at the edge of the water putting this wax covered string on the end of this beautiful white and deep amber color. He was this older man with white hair and laugh lines and wrinkles. This man made my day and I plan on keeping this feather for life just because he was such a kind man and only 9 years later, that is so hard to find. In the year 2012 we have to worry about taking things from strangers out of fear they might have put an airborne drug on it. Which is the exact thing that makes me not able to stand society.

No comments:

Post a Comment